Moving Men Removals are currently trading as normal and will do so until further notice by the relevant authorities.
With the COVID-19 virus, we will be taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of both our staff and the community that we are serving in Melbourne and Victoria.
What we are doing
- Trucks and equipment are sprayed with disinfectant spray daily.
- Staff will be wearing gloves where possible during the move.
- Staff will wash hands with soap and water on commencement and completion in each location in addition to the regular use of hand sanitiser.
- Staff will maintain social distancing measures with customers where possible.
What you can do
- Please refrain from shaking hands with our staff – a hello, wave or a smile will be very welcome instead.
- Please maintain a safe distance from our staff where possible of at least 1.5m. During this time, we are unable to allow customers to ride in our trucks with our staff.
- We usually allow customers to assist our staff with moving however please refrain from doing so during this time.
- Ensure hand wash or hand sanitiser is readily available at each of your properties in order to assist our staff in maintaining appropriate hygiene practices.
- Where possible please disinfect door handles and open windows prior to the move to promote air circulation.
- If you are showing any signs of illness please refrain from being onsite during the move.
No contact move
We are offering our customers the option of a no contact move for the safety of both our staff and customers. This is our recommended move option during this time where these is a risk of transmission of Covid-19.
Preparation is key for this type of move. What this involves:
- Please provide clear instructions for access to your properties prior to the movers arriving. You can either leave a key out, or leave the door unlocked. Our movers will always contact you when they are on their way to /arrive at your property.
- Please be in touch with our movers via phone only and not face to face.
- Please label items which need to be moved with clear instructions on where you would like the item placed at the drop-off location. If not all items are to be moved please provide a clear list of which items need to be moved to ensure we move the right things.
- Please prepare your property by disinfecting door handles and opening windows prior to the movers arriving.
- Please isolate yourself or leave the property during the move.
- Payment will need to be made over the phone at the completion of the job with credit card (which incurs a 3% surcharge)
See you for your move soon – the team at Moving Men Removals